The fact thread

I figured there's nothing better than learning something new so I said why not start our Pet Natter Lounge forum with a thread dedicated to facts. I'll start it off with this one. 

In the late 19th century, Beatrix Potter kept a journal in a secret code so complex it wasn't cracked until 1958.

He would’ve had some serious withdrawal issues today from not being able to kiss because of Covid. This guy probably kissed every woman all over the place. On the streets, stores etc haha. 

Family Feud host Richard Dawson met his second wife, Gretchen Johnson, when she was a contestant on the show in 1981. And yes, he kissed her.

Another sleep fact: Only half a Dolphin's brain sleeps at a time. Dolphins are mammals so although they live in the sea, and can hold their breath for an exceptionally long time, they do have to come up for air from time to time. It is for this reason that a Dolphin's brain will never fully disengage, as it still needs to retain enough motor control to occasionally go up to the surface and breath. Dolphins also sleep with one eye open at all times.

• Like 1

Did you know cats don’t actually meow at each other? That’s right – it’s a communication tool reserved exclusively for humans.

According to a Cornell University study, cats are skilled at modifying their vocalizations based on the situation. For example, researchers suggest that the 7 a.m. “feed me” meow is longer and lower in frequency compared to the shorter, equal parts high and low frequency “adopt me” meow.

So, if you’ve ever felt like you understood what your cat was saying, now you know – you really do!

• Like 1