• Welcome to Pet Natter! The official forum of TheHamsterHouse.com We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Tunnel system around house

Blubblub

Reaction score
Who here has thought of building a tunnel system around your home for your pet hamsters? I remember a movie as a kid where some kid had his whole house covered in hamster tunnels, and the hamsters or mice (I forget the movie), could run around the whole house. I want to actually do that with my home, install tunnels at the bottom of my rooms, and on the ceilings. I think it'd be cool to hear them running around the house.

Is this something anyone here has done?

Pumpkin

Reaction score
I wouldn't have the patience for something like this. It would take forever to clean and you would have to do it several times a week. I would much rather stick with a large cage and use a ball for them to roam around in.

EagleEye

Reaction score
Would love to do something like this if it was practical and wasn't blocking or invading any parts of the house

billylondon

Reaction score
I wouldn't have the patience for something like this. It would take forever to clean and you would have to do it several times a week. I would much rather stick with a large cage and use a ball for them to roam around in.
Yeah, I have to agree with this. The cleanup would be a massive chore to deal with, and I myself don't want to deal with all of that. Plus, who's to say the tunnel won't fall and release your pet. Not really worth it in my opinion. I'll admit, it's kind of cool though.

Reaction score
They poop a lot and often. This would require you to clean a lot of this tubing every 3 or 4 days just to prevent a mess and a smell. I like the idea but like Pumpkin said, I wouldn't be able to keep up with the maintenance of it.