• Welcome to Pet Natter! The official forum of TheGoldfishTank.com We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

sick goldfish

aks23

Reaction score
My goldfish hasn't been moving and I tried to hand feed her as well. The other 3 goldfishes in my tank are doing fine. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong because I tested the water and everything seemed to be fine.
IMG_0631.jpg

DinoNuggetz

Reaction score
Do you know how old she is?
Also just to be safe I would see if you can separate her from the others (if it's not too stressful for her).
Other than that I'm not sure what I can do. She doesn't appear to be bloated or anything so I'm not sure...

aks23

Reaction score
I don't have another tank for her but I did put her in an box that's meant for babies in hopes she has her little space for herself at the top. I'm also not sure how old she is. I only had her for I believe 6 months
Do you know how old she is?
Also just to be safe I would see if you can separate her from the others (if it's not too stressful for her).
Other than that I'm not sure what I can do. She doesn't appear to be bloated or anything so I'm not sure...

DinoNuggetz

Reaction score
Does her breathing appear to be okay?
Is she breathing faster or slower than the others?

DinoNuggetz

Reaction score
Also have you done anything differently?
A water change for example?

DinoNuggetz

Reaction score
Do you know of any temperature changes or anything that could have possibly caused her stress, by the sound of it it sounds like she is undergoing extreme stress.

aks23

Reaction score
Do you know of any temperature changes or anything that could have possibly caused her stress, by the sound of it it sounds like she is undergoing extreme stress.
it's been the same temperature 22 degrees Celsius, I also used a stress coat that removes toxins from tap water and ammonia

DinoNuggetz

Reaction score
Okay so in you previous post "Goldfish" you mentioned that one of the fish was getting bullied and hiding I believe. Could this be the same fish, do you have a dominant fish in you tank? That could be a reason for the stress.

aks23

Reaction score
Okay so in you previous post "Goldfish" you mentioned that one of the fish was getting bullied and hiding I believe. Could this be the same fish, do you have a dominant fish in you tank? That could be a reason for the stress.
he a male goldfish and chases around a lot of the females but i wasn't sure if he was the reason why

DinoNuggetz

Reaction score
So if the others are being bullied or chased this is a concern for them since they will become really stressed. Is there a way you can separate him instead?

aks23

Reaction score
So if the others are being bullied or chased this is a concern for them since they will become really stressed. Is there a way you can separate him instead?
i dont have another tank to place him in

DinoNuggetz

Reaction score
Could you move the one that looks sick back into the tank and switch out the male. It sounds like he might be the cause for the other fish's behavior.

aks23

Reaction score
Could you move the one that looks sick back into the tank and switch out the male. It sounds like he might be the cause for the other fish's behavior.
i could try separating them with a tank divider