• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Pet Sanctuaries

JPacker

Reaction score
One thing I respect about people, is when they decide to start a home for pets, something like a pound, but without pets being put down. Do you know of any good sanctuaries for animals that you can visit? I'd love to start my own one day, but that won't be happening for quite a long time.

Westie

Reaction score
Animal sanctuaries are awesome! Sadly, it's not easy for them, a lot of them are community funded, or funded on donations and volunteers help. So if you can, donate money or time if you can. Animals out there deserve help, and if we can provide it, we should try.

Berry

Reaction score
I'm not sure of specifics

But if you just search 'animal sanctuaries near me' I'm sure you'll find a ton of results! I personally want to start one one day as well, but I'm worried about expensives. Lots of them are very non profit and can't afford much so if you do find one, be sure to donate if you can!

Shazza

Reaction score
I always think it's a shame that sanctuaries are needed and that there aren't just enough pet owners to look after the animals themselvbes. Its really sad when someone gives away a pet :(

But obviously santuiaries are needed so they are a good thing and i think we should suppoet them whenever we can