• Welcome to Pet Natter! The official forum of TheGoldfishTank.com We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Lost all goldfish

Jiminy1334

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had a 55 gallon tank for about two months. I had added 2 black moors, 1 rykin, and an oranda (he was last). Also had 2 corys. They were all young. They were doing fine but a week ago, I noticed they were on the bottom of the tank but would swim once food was added. We tested the water and levels were not bad. Nitrates were there but nothing too high. Ammonia looked to be zero. Ph is also fine. I noticed that there were red vein like on my rykin and the oranda had red streaks on its fina and some red on his silver body. We thought of fin rot so we added medication that was for that. The next morning, I lost the one oranda and the rykin was on its side. We put the rykin in a separate tank and he ended up dying (we made sure water temp was the same). Then it seemed like they were acting weird after we did a water change so we moved them since something seems wrong in the tank. I lost both black moors, they ended up sticking to the filter :( oh and one cory died after medication was added. The other cory acted weird, like going upside down by the dying goldfish. He seems fine now. I have no clue what happened. No fish are now in the 55 gal. I am so afraid to put fish in it. Is it possible I added fish too quickly, but why were they fine for 2 months? I appreciate any help.

aks23

Reaction score
upside down swimming is a sign that there is a disorder with you fishes bladder. I'm not sure what happened to the rest of the fish. but some could also be caused by stress and the medication added to the water. water changes also causes a lot of stress on fish. but i'm not completely sure why they all died so suddenly