• Welcome to Pet Natter! The official forum of TheGoldfishTank.com We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Is my fish sick?

Meg

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My black moor goldfish has a white patch on his head. It kind of looks like it would be dry skin, I’ve searched the internet and this site for something similar but I can’t find anything. There is also a little bit of white on his tail fin but I think he may just be changing colour there. He hasn’t lost his appetite but I did introduce a new fish about a month-6 weeks ago but that fish seems to be perfectly fine.

Thank you!

Attachments

• F907A10C-91C5-49D9-B3E3-E0A4345665A8.jpeg
    F907A10C-91C5-49D9-B3E3-E0A4345665A8.jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 3

PetNatter

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Meg, welcome to the forum. Do you know what your water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, etc) are like?

How big is your tank?

Catwoman

Reaction score
Meg,
You fish could have ick. There are fish antibiotics.
I used to have 6 tanks in my house. The main one was African Cichlids in a one hindered gallon tank. There were times that I bought fish that were sick because I could not stand to see them be picked on. The size of your tank would play into how easily you could treat your fish. The antibiotics are given in the water and is real expensive if a large tank. I had a 5 gal tank I used as a quarantine tank and another I used to treat fish with medicine. It is easy to put a fish in a 5 gal tank and put antibiotics in the water for a week to 10 days, then put it back.