• Welcome to Pet Natter! The official forum of TheGoldfishTank.com We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

How long do Bubble Eye goldfish live for?

Petz

Reaction score
I have never owned them because I have always been paranoid about them getting hurt. A friend of mine, the one who took my 4 goldfish in, is looking into getting a few since they are on sale at the local pet shop. I always heard they stay small and don't live very long though.

lisaB

Reaction score
I read that it was 10 to 15 years which is pretty impressive. I was considering getting some of these myself but I too have my concerns. I have read horror stories of them getting cut open from decor items.

AnimalLover

Reaction score
I have never owned them because I have always been paranoid about them getting hurt. A friend of mine, the one who took my 4 goldfish in, is looking into getting a few since they are on sale at the local pet shop. I always heard they stay small and don't live very long though.
Yes, they are usually small in size (up to 5") But they live long. They will have a lifespan of up to 15years if all factors are considered.

How long they live in an aquarium will largely depend on the care and maintenance you offer the fish. That applies to any kind of pet.

Petz

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was a bit confused because no one was clear on the lifespan of this particular kind of fish.