• Welcome to Pet Natter! The official forum of TheHamsterHouse.com We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Fat hamster?!

AJ

Reaction score
Hi guys, bit of a weird question, but I think my hamster is starting to look a bit chubby! :ROFLMAO: While I joke about it, I am worried it could be bad for him too. Do I need to worry? What can I do to make him lose weight and make sure he doesn't get too fat???

Reaction score
Are you sure its a male? How long have you had it? Has it been in contact with another hamster in the last 16-24 days?

Catwoman

Reaction score
Does he exercise? Maybe the food could be changed for better diet.

Berry

Reaction score
What diet do you feed? And is he picky about the food he feeds?

If he is on a healthy diet, and very active there is no need to worry :)

But if he isn't too active and not on a good diet this could lead to some health problems.

DinoNuggetz

Reaction score
Hamsters will not over eat, but if fed a fatty/not so good diet they may be fat. I would weigh you hamster every week so you know of any weight gain/loss as well.