• Welcome to Pet Natter! The official forum of TheHamsterHouse.com We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

best brand of dried mealworms?

Emmalope

Reaction score
They aren't marketed for hamsters, so I want to make sure they aren't dusted or anything added with them.

Berry

Reaction score
They aren't marketed for hamsters, so I want to make sure they aren't dusted or anything added with them.
Hi! Mostly any brand of dried mealworms will do if they don't specifically say they are dusted and such. However, it is best to be safe than sorry. I might be able to find a few good brands at different pet stores or online, but I'm not exactly sure where you live (UK, USA, etc.) Do you have specific chain pet stores near you?

Emmalope

Reaction score
I’m in the US. I use Chewy or Amazon, only one small store nearby.

Berry

Reaction score
I’m in the US. I use Chewy or Amazon, only one small store nearby.
Ok, I'm in the USA too! I believe I know of a few good ones, let me go find the links to them :)
How big of a bag/jar are you looking for? A lot of mealworms to mix in with food, or just a few for treats? Or what?

Berry

Reaction score
Here is a good brand on Chewy:
Flucker's mealworms are good to my knowledge, I believe if they are dusted they will say.

My friend uses these ones for her hammy I believe: