• Welcome to Pet Natter! The official forum of TheHamsterHouse.com We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Baby hamster question

Ncaron

Reaction score
hello, my daughters hamster just had babies last night. For the 2nd look we got this morning it looks like there are 6 maybe 7 but not sure if she was done giving birth.
We had left her alone but my daughter went in her room and noticed one pup was moved to the middle of the cage and left alone while mom is with the others. The pup is moving and seems to be squeaking. Should would leave allow or try to return with the warm spoon method?

Berry

Reaction score
So sorry! I've been busy
I'm assuming by now you decided what to do? I haven't had experience with hamster pups before, but I think it would be best to leave them alone for now. That way you have a better chance of the mum not culling (eating) them. However, you should do what you think is best. I can link some resources if you would like about how to care for hamster pups, and you may want to consider joining a hamster forum instead of just a pet forum as they might have more experience. (Sorry, PetNatter is great! But it seems not to have many hamster-educated people and I really can't help as well with this question, you can continue on this forum of course! But for the pups I would try to find more resources)