• Welcome to Pet Natter! The official forum of TheHamsterHouse.com We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Are toilet paper rolls okay?

Reaction score
A friend of mine said they were toxic. I had never heard this before. I always put them in my hamster's cage so he can play in them and chew them up. He doesn't eat them, just uses them to keep his teeth trim really. Are they toxic? I am a bit concerned now.

Moana

Reaction score
They are safe! I don't know of any company that uses dye or anything of the sort on their rolls. Just be sure when you use them from items like paper towels that the glue holding the last one on the roll is removed.

Reaction score
A friend of mine said they were toxic. I had never heard this before. I always put them in my hamster's cage so he can play in them and chew them up. He doesn't eat them, just uses them to keep his teeth trim really. Are they toxic? I am a bit concerned now.
They are safe. Just avoid the ones with glue on them. You can also buy cardboard tubes.